Sunday 30 October 2011

Prelim task

Here is the front cover of my preliminary front cover task. Personally I like my front cover because the rich colours (blue, purple and gold) represent sophistication and wealth which is what i aimed to do. I like the images i have chosen and the medium close up on the front cover is really effective because it is a low angle shot which also shows the grandness of the school in the background. The type font I used is Embassy BT. This is a traditional style font and it look well established, hence reflecting my school. It also looks like handwriting making it more personal to the reader. The writing looks like royal, as if the school is very important and well thought of.
I also used a long distance shot at the bottom of the front cover, I used the rule of thirds and put the student to the right third of the photo. I did this so it gives a perspective of how big the school hence giving it a posh and wealthy look. There are a few things on this front cover that i would change, for example the points of the triangle do not meet in the center and there are blue borders showing around the images. I would also put the latin somewhere else because the typeface clashes with the background, making it hard to read.
I feel that this magazine reflects the target audience. My audience is the parents of the children who go to this school. The simple layout with plain colours appeals to an older, whereas a chaotic bright layout attracts a younger audience because its more playful and they can see it easier.
Here is my contents page for my schools contents page.
 I have used an image of the individual in the foreground. The person is giving indirect address as if she is intellectual and well educated, this reflects the school and shows that it is a good school. The image in the background is pastel colours. This allows the mid shot in front of it stand out. It also allows the words to be seen on top, but at the same time you can still see the image.
I again used Embassy BT as my typefont. This looks very sophisticated which was one of my aims to make my magazine look like. It is in blue, this is one of my house colours so you can tell it is from the same magazine.
I like the white bacground because it looks simple. The contents page only needs to be simple so i did not clutter it.

No comments:

Post a Comment